High-energy stage performance. Sizzling hot guitar solos. Smooth and soulful vocals. Backed by a rhythm section that is second to none, this IS Dennis Jones. Check out a live show, and you’ll instantly agree, this band ROCKS the blues like NO other!
Dennis’s feet are firmly rooted in the past, yet his heart and soul are connected to the present. He writes songs that seamlessly blend the best of both worlds, presenting a unique and contemporary style of American rock and blues.
Born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, and now based in Los Angeles, California, Jones continues to pursue his musical goal of becoming a top entertainer in his field. With four well-regarded CD releases to date, and a fifth to be released in early 2016, Jones’ vision has never been more in focus.
Dennis Jones also writes songs for other notable artists; he wrote Temporary Man for Guitar Shorty’s 2010 Alligator release, Bare Knuckle.
Since 2003, Dennis Jones has released four successful albums, and a self-produced DVD, on his own label, Blue Rock Records. Each and every one of these CDs has met with rave reviews. My Kinda Blues, his newest release, features guest artists, Kenny Neal, and Guitar Shorty, and earned a positive nod in Vintage Guitar. This CD spent months ranked in the top 10 on several blues and roots charts, including a long stint in the top 2 on smokestacklightin, adjacent to ZZ Top and other major artists.
Babe’s & Ricky’s Inn is an award-nominated film documentary about a legendary Los Angeles blues club. Dennis Jones is one of the many talented musicians featured in the 2013 film alongside Keb’ Mo, Deacon Jones, and Barbara Morrison, to name a few. Additionally, Jon Lindstrom’s 2013 film, How We Got Away With It, features a Dennis Jones original tune, Passion for the Blues. Prior to these recent releases, a movie entitled, Sea of Fear, featured Jones’ original song, Deep Blues, from his first album, Falling Up.
In January, 2014, Dennis Jones was honored to accept an invitation from the Blues Foundation to serve as a Judge at the International Blues Competition in Memphis, TN, as well as to host its annual All Star Jam on Beale St. Previously, in May, 2012, Dennis served as an onstage Awards Presenter at the Blues Music Awards. Back in 2004, Dennis Jones played in the Zac Harmon Band when they won the IBC!
Dennis Jones Band 2014 performances included the Pacific Coast Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise, Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival, San Marcos Rock, Blues & BBQ, Folsom Rhythm & Brews Festival, and Mammoth Bluesapalooza Festival.
“It’s risky to make predictions, but if anyone has a legitimate shot at filling the blues guitar hero void it is Dennis Jones. He has the head, heart and hands to do it.” – Dave Rubin, “Keeping the Blues Alive” award winning journalism
Quick Facts about Dennis Jones…
- Born and raised in Baltimore County, Maryland
- Began playing guitar at age 13
- Influences include Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Albert King
- Lived + played in Europe in his late teens, where his musical tastes further developed
- Front man of Dennis Jones Band since 1996
- Stint with Brian O’Neal and the BusBoys, 2001-2003
- Won the International Blues Competition, Memphis, 2004, as part of Zac Harmon’s band
- Special guest on Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise, Pacific, October 2010
- Produced 2011 DVD release, Live at the Temecula Theater
- Award Presenter at the renowned Blues Music Awards in Memphis, TN, in 2012
- Produced Four Shades of Blue at the New Daisy Theater on Beale St., Memphis, TN, in May 2012, featuring the Dennis Jones Band, Zac Harmon, Eddie Turner, and special guest, Lazy Lester
- Opened for such greats as Johnny Winter, Dick Dale, and the Experience Hendrix Tour
- Plays popular and respected blues festivals around the USA including Doheny, Long Beach, Irvine Lake, Paramount, Northern California, etc.
- Tours of Europe, including Italy, France, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Reprinted from the Dennis Jones Band Official Website
Sunday February 14 Powerhouse Pub, Folsom, CA.
Wednesday March 9 Club Fox, Redwood City, CA.
Friday March 11 The Saloon, Redwood City, CA.
Saturday March 12 The Torch Club, Sacramento, CA.